Learn how to measure blood pressure properly, whether you’re having a doctor check it or taking it yourself at home. Use this checklist:
1. Take your blood pressure 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
2. Before reading, let your bladder empty.
3. Spend at least five minutes in a supportive, comfortable chair before beginning to read.
4. Keep your legs uncrossed and place both of your feet flat on the ground.
5. Place your arm on a table at chest level with the cuff still on.
6. A snug but not excessively tight blood pressure cuff is important. The cuff should be against your bare skin, not over clothing.
7. Do not talk while your blood pressure is being monitored.
Therefore, it is very important to measure blood pressure correctly always.